Thursday, January 12, 2012

Class Disssss....

This week very spiritual thoughts and idea were said in class and many stuck in my mind. When discussing the topic of family trends, my eyes got opened to the huge difference between LDS standards and the standards of society. We were told to categorize divorce, child bearing, cohabitation, employed mothers, and delayed marriage into three different groups; critical, significant, and no big deal. Without putting my LDS stand point it was fairly easy just to brush through the topics. But with my standards, everything all seemed pretty harsh. I just don't know how I would feel if my life did not have LDS standards. I guess everything would seem pretty normal; living with my boyfriend, having a child without being married, or even being divorce countless times. Things just would not have a great value to them. I am grateful for the life I have and for the life style that I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment